Would you like fire safety training in your workplace? Call our fire department today to book an educator for your business!
- Report blocked exit ways as well as problems with sprinklers, alarms and emergency lighting.
- Don't pinch extension cords under furniture.
- Report frayed electrical cords.
- Carefully store flammable liquids if they are used in your workplace.
- Give heat generating equipment room to breathe. Don't stack papers on devices such as computer monitors.
- Unplug coffeemakers and other small appliances before everyone leaves for home.
- Make sure your exit ways are not blocked by trash, boxes or other potential impediments.
- Make sure everyone is out or leaving the building and the Fire Department is on the way before you consider using an extinguisher.
- Fire extinguishers are only good for fighting small fires.
- Ensure that you are using the right type of extinguisher for the fire you are trying to put out.
- To find out more about extinguishers, visit our Fire Extinguisher Page.
- Ask your employer to provide information on the use of extinguishers.