The Township of South-West Oxford is an equal opportunity employer. You are invited to apply for advertised positions which will be posted on this page as they become available. Unsolicited resumes are not retained.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected will be used solely for the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarian's with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon advance notice of specific accommodation required.
Volunteers are always needed!
Many community volunteers work hard to provide programs and special events throughout the Township. If you are interested in getting involved in your community and would like more information about the volunteer opportunities that are available, please contact Julie Forth at 519-485-0477 ext. 223 or email@example.com. Staff will put you in contact with our local Hall, Parks and Recreation Committees.
Fire Services Training Officer (Contract Position)
The Township of Norwich is seeking applications for the position of a Fire Services Training Officer. This position will report directly to the Township of Norwich Director of Fire and Protective Services (Fire Chief) and indirectly to the Rural Fire Services of Oxford County (RFSOC) Fire Chiefs. The Fire Services Training Officer will coordinate and deliver all mandatory and non-mandatory volunteer firefighter training programs as directed by the RFSOC Fire Chiefs in accordance with the Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management (OFMEM) guidelines and procedures, and National Fire Protection Association Standards (NFPA). The Training Officer will be responsible for the overall development, delivery, budgeting and invoicing, record keeping and safety of firefighters for all RFSOC training programs. The Training Officer will also be responsible for the training of municipal staff to meet annual training requirements to comply with OFMEM policies and guidelines for municipal emergency management programs.
The position is based on a 35-hour work week and requires flexibility for scheduling due to requirement for nighttime and weekend training programs.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICIATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in adult education (Community College Diploma or equivalent, which may include continuing education) with related technical subject matter expertise and experience
- Training Officer Certification from the Ontario Fire College or NFPA 1041 Fire Instructor Level II
- Certified NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level II and NFPA 1021 Fire Officer II, or OFMEM equivalency
- NFPA 1521 Safety Officer, or OFMEM equivalency
- NFPA 1035 Public Fire Life Safety Educator level 2
- Certified in a recognized First Aid First Responder level
- Completion of Basic Emergency Management course (EM 300 preferred) and exercise design course (EM 225) from OFMEM is preferred
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in Fire Service training
- Effective communication, organization and interpersonal skills with ability to build partnerships and generate consensus
- Must possess and maintain a valid "DZ" Driver's License, and use of a reliable vehicle for Township business
- Experience in a municipal fire service is preferred
A detailed job description can be found on the Township of Norwich website.
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence by mail or e-mail no later than Monday, July 8th, 2019 by 4:00pm to the attention of:
Paul Groeneveld, Director of Fire and Protective Services
Township of Norwich, 285767 Airport Road, Norwich, ON N0J 1P0
519-468-2410, x 236. firstname.lastname@example.org