Administrative Assistant Finance - Temporary
The Township of South-West Oxford requires an Administrative Assistant Finance on a temporary full-time basis. Reporting to the Treasurer, the successful candidate will provide exemplary customer service in carrying out the following key responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable; electronically filing of A/P correspondence, follow up WSIB for vendor contracts, entering data into system, printing and mailing cheques and processing EFT payments for vendors and preparing accounts payable report for Council agendas:
- Assist with year-end procedures;
- Assist with accounts receivable;
- Data entry, photocopying, filing;
- Ordering of supplies, mail, bank deposit preparation, issuing licenses (lottery, dog tags, etc.);
- Answering and directing phone calls, faxes, general email & social media requests from the public and assisting the public at the front counter;
- Collection of taxes – receipting interim, final and supplementary taxes;
- Customer Service – handling cash receipts and appropriate journals; assisting tax payers with basic assessment inquiries, answering lawyer and mortgage company inquiries;
- Assisting with the completion of bank deposits, processing internet/telephone and electronic transfers, reconciling and preparing pre-authorized payments to bank;
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills for this deadline-oriented position;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a college graduate in accounting (or equivalent work experience) with a minimum of one (1) year customer service work experience. Thorough working knowledge of MS Excell and Word as well as proficiency in Accounting Software (Diamond Municipal Accounting Software currently used by the Township). Working knowledge of Adobe as well as Laserfiche is preferred.
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. $23.03 per hour.
View the complete job description.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume by noon (local time) on Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 to:
Brooke Crane, Payroll/Benefits Administrator
Township of South-West Oxford
312915 Dereham Line, RR #1
Mount Elgin, ON N0J 1N0
The Township is committed to meeting the needs of applicants during all phases of the hiring process. If you require special accommodation please let us know. We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will only be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for this competition.
Volunteers are always needed!
Many community volunteers work hard to provide programs and special events throughout the Township. If you are interested in getting involved in your community and would like more information about the volunteer opportunities that are available, please contact Julie Forth at 519-485-0477 ext. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will put you in contact with our local Hall, Parks and Recreation Committees.