Employment Opportunity - Chief Building Official
The Township of South-West Oxford is a leader in the development and delivery of municipal services for the growth and well-being of our community. We are strategically located adjacent to Highway #401 corridor in the South-West corner of Oxford County with a transportation network of well maintained Provincial, County and Municipal Roadways. We are focused on continuing the development of our community where people and business can prosper.
If you are an innovative person who works well in a team environment this full-time position may be for you. We need a dedicated, results oriented person with solid communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is responsible for the management and leadership of Building Services and performing the statutory requirements of the Chief Building Official, as required by the Building Code Act and Ontario Building Code, the National Farm Building Code, Zoning By-Law and all other applicable laws as amended from time to time. This position will also be overseeing the Drainage Superintendent. The Chief Building Official will report directly to the CAO. Required
Qualifications and Experience should include:
- Experience of 3-5 years in a municipal/building management position
- University degree or Community College diploma in the Building Sciences, Architectural or Engineering Technology fields.
- Knowledge of AMANDA Software
- Certified Building Code Official (CBCO) designation or designation near completion.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA)
- Provincial qualifications and registration in the fields of the Ontario Building Code as required
- Extensive knowledge of the Ontario Building Code Act, National Building Code Act, Zoning By- Law, and all applicable laws, both federal and provincial, as amended from time to time
- Knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and time management skills
- Ability to create and implement an annual monetary budget.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal and public relations skills
- Ability to manage electronic files and perform with minimal supervision
- Retains a valid “G” Driver’s License
A detailed job description is available on our website at www.swox.org or upon request.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package. Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
The posting will be open until the position is filled. Please forward your resume outlining your qualifications for this position as soon as possible to:
Mary Ellen Greb, CAO Township of South-West Oxford
312915 Dereham Line
Mount Elgin, Ontario. N0J 1N0
Telephone #: (519) 485-0477 Ext. 225 or email@example.com