Eligible uses of proceeds must be:
• in themselves charitable and advance the charitable purposes or objects of the organization;
• used for the direct delivery of the charitable purposes or objects of the organization; and
• directed toward specific segments of the Ontario community or residents of Ontario with a common need.
A proposed use of lottery proceeds is ineligible if:
• it provides a personal benefit or gain to the members of the applicant organization;
• it supports tourism or other purely economic benefits;
• it advances a particular political issue;
• it enhances lands and buildings owned and/or operated by a government;
• it is a responsibility that has traditionally been fulfilled by a government; or
• it funds activities that do not fall within one of the four charitable classifications.
For more information on Lottery Licensing eligibility, please view the AGCO's Lottery Licensing Policy Manual, available here.