The Township of South-West Oxford is an equal opportunity employer. You are invited to apply for advertised positions which will be posted on this page as they become available. Unsolicited resumes are not retained.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected will be used solely for the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarian's with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon advance notice of specific accommodation required.
The Township of South-West Oxford requires an Equipment Operator. This full-time position requires a dedicated, customer service and results oriented individual. This position will be part of the team responsible for:
- The operation of heavy, light and specialized equipment (grader, backhoe, dump truck) for the purpose of road maintenance and construction as well as winter maintenance.
- Conducting regular light maintenance on Township vehicles and equipment.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Class AZ Driver's License (Class DZ minimum with AZ obtained within 6 months of hire);
- Experience in the operation of heavy, light and specialized equipment;
- Positive communication skills;
- Availability to work overtime;
- Availability to arrive at work within 30 minutes of a call-in;
- Capable of doing physical labour.
Applications shall include a resume of education as well as work and equipment experience. Candidates that make it to the final interview stage wil be tested on equipment usage. The position offers a competitive wage, plus a comprehensive benefit package. A copy of the job descripion is available online. Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence no later than 4:30 p.m. on February 20, 2018 to:
Brooke Crane, Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Township of South-West Oxford
312915 Dereham Line, Mount Elgin, ON N0J 1N0
Phone: (519) 485-0477 Fax: (519) 485-2932 Email: email@example.com
View the Equipment Operator Job Posting
View the Equipment Operator Job Description
The Township is committed to meeting the needs of applicants during all phases of the hiring process. If you require special accommodation please let us know. We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will only be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for this competition.